Thursday, June 14, 2007

In the BALCONY????

Sent a message to Ralph:

Hi Ralph,

Just some information for you. Everything is almost set for the big move on Tuesday on my end. I have rearranged my organ room and it is ready to receive the new and best member. It will get plenty of use, and no abuse.

I have attached a bill of sale that I would like to bring and have someone sign Tuesday, just for my jollies. If it sounds too snooty or highfalutin, I can change it or dump it altogether. I'll print off 2 copies and we can each have one.

I am a little worried about hauling stuff down the stairs, repeatedly. So I have tried some contacts to see if there are some young men around the Whitehall-Glens Falls area, who I will ask if they want some summer work for a few hours Tuesday after noon. Those plans may not happen, in which case I'll make do.

See you all soon,

Richard Adams

A reply came:

Hi Richard, The bill of sale is perfect; a mafia lawyer couldn't do better. Good news, you can save your muscles. Carey organ is renting a material lift for you to use. I used it to lower the monster organ from the balcony of the other church. It is somewhat heavy, quite stable, has 2' forks and cranks up to 35' we can use it to raise the pipe chests up and lower your new baby down. Saves a lot of stair walking. I need to pick it up and bring it back before closing. A close friend and organist wants to help us move the Casavant- he owes me big time! I don't think we will need other hands. I haven't heard if Carey is sending along some of his folks to help or not. Either way it will get done and it will be FUN!

There is a small catch, I will tip you off ahead of time, Paul Carey wants you to load onto your truck some pipe chests and a few small items from the monster organ and take them to Whitehall and we can put them up into the balcony, plus an electronic Allen organ for the church to use until their pipe organ is rebuilt- that beast is staying down on ground level!!. It will save me another trip to Troy NY. I'll trade off a motel nights stay for the delivery inconvenience. . . . We need to hear this sweetie play some beautiful music for a while before we "pull the plug" it will put us all in a good mood!

Later good friend, Ralph Krueger

I canceled the Bishop’s plea for people. It was funny that Ralph was preparing me for the fact that I was going to be asked to take some other stuff up for them.

No comments: